We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, organised and creative individual to join our team as a Publicity Executive on a full-time basis. This role is ideal for someone with experience in a publishing publicity department eager to progress their career in a fast-growing company with many high profile and award-winning authors, illustrators and brands.
Purpose of the Job
The role of the Publicity Executive is to devise and implement the PR strategy for Nosy Crow’s high-profile list and multi award-winning brands, working closely with our authors and illustrators to ensure excellent author care.
The Publicity Executive reports to the Publicity Manager, and will be joining a dedicated, bright and vibrant Sales and Marketing Department.
We are a close team and we value the experience and creative input that we can each provide to help shape our products to be the best they can be.
- Devising and delivering imaginative, tailored, effective, wide-reaching and well-executed publicity campaigns, across all Nosy Crow brands, authors, illustrators and titles
- Organising a Nosy Crow presence at festivals, events, and conferences plus launches and book tours and attending these where required
- Developing and maintaining lasting relationships with contacts in all aspects of the media, and within the librarian, bookseller and influencer community
- Acting as a main point of contact for authors and illustrators, as well as working closely with the Editorial and Sales and Marketing teams
- Providing general administration support where required
Key skills, characteristics and capabilities:
- Experience in delivering creative and strategic publicity campaigns for both established and debut authors and illustrators, ideally within the book publishing industry
- Proven success in organising festivals, events, conferences, launches and book tours
- Excellent contacts in all aspects of the media, particularly within children’s books
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a keen eye for detail and creative flair
- Strong organisation and time management skills, and the ability to constantly prioritise in a busy and sometimes pressurised environment
- A keen interest in children’s books; experience in children’s publishing desired but not essential
- Basic design skills using InDesign and Photoshop desirable but not essential
The successful candidate will have the right to live and work in the UK.
To apply, please email your CV, accompanied by not more than 500 words on what you think you could contribute to Nosy Crow, both personally and as a Publicity Executive, to Rebecca Mason (email@example.com). We look forward to reading your application.
Nosy Crow is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is an important factor in success and make recruiting decisions based on applicants’ experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.