We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, hardworking and organised Sales Assistant to join Nosy Crow, working on our fast growing and award-winning Children’s list. The successful candidate will join the team on a full-time basis, working in our office near London Bridge.
Your role will be to support the set up and successful running of our new field sales team, reporting to our National Field Sales Manager and helping to support Area Sales Managers based in the field. You will help to support the entire sales process from liaising with Editorial and Marketing teams, to providing sales material and helping to process and monitor orders.
You will need to be well organised, able to manage a busy workload and have a keen eye for detail.
Key Responsibilities and tasks:
- Providing the field sales team with attractive, innovative sales material
- Pulling together materials for regular sales meetings and sales conferences
- Processing and monitoring customer orders
- Liaising with our external distributor to ensure the highest level of customer service
- Researching new accounts and identifying new sales opportunities
- Generating sales reports and analysing market data
- Providing ad hoc administrative support to the sales team
- Travel booking and diary management
Key skills, characteristics and capabilities:
- Excellent communication skills
- Very good organisational skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Experience of using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A knowledge of the Adobe Suite, in particular InDesign and Acrobat
- Experience of, and familiarity with, social media, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- A keen interest in children’s books and publishing; board books and novelty, picture books and young fiction
To apply, please email your CV, accompanied by not more than 500 words on what you think you could contribute to Nosy Crow in this role. Please send to Catherine Stokes (firstname.lastname@example.org). We really look forward to reading your application.
Nosy Crow is an equal opportunities employer. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is an important factor in success and make recruiting decisions based on applicants’ experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. We pay as a minimum the current London Living Wage.